When getting a mortgage – or when reviewing your current mortgage strategy – it is helpful to begin thinking about the mortgage options with which you would feel most comfortable. By having an understanding of your priorities and preferences, the mortgage process will become more efficient and your satisfaction over the term of your mortgage is likely to increase.
Here are some questions that you should consider and discuss with any fellow purchasers. Although this is not an exhaustive list, it provides a good start.
1. Is some fluctuation in payments acceptable?
2. Do I want the comfort of knowing what my payment is every month and of knowing it will not change for the whole mortgage term?
3. Do I want the lowest payment possible?
4. Do I want to pay down my mortgage as soon as possible?
5. How much down payment am I comfortable with, while not putting myself and my family into financial difficulty?
6. Are there any credit issues about which I will need to provide documentation?
There are numerous other considerations that your mortgage professional will discuss with you, depending on your situation. Your mortgage specialist has access to an impressive array of mortgage choices, and can offer expert advice on which mortgage best suits your individual circumstances. For knowledgeable advice throughout the mortgage process, a mortgage specialist.
Ensure your clients are pre-approved, it will save you time and them money! Rate holds up to 120 days.
Written by Romana Bozic http://www.410lend.com
Romana would be happy to provide expert, unbiased mortgage advice to first time homebuyers as well as those looking to renew or refinance their mortgage, purchase investment properties or consolidate debts.
Romana has helped many of my clients and I highly reccomend her.
I proudly server buyers and sellers in the Toronto Neighbourhoods of: Forest Hill, Cedarvale, North York, North Toronto, Summit Heights, Wilson Height, Bathurst Manor, Leaside, Bayview, Thornhill, Richmond Hill and all surrounding areas.
Diane Plant, Broker
Forest Hill Real Estate, Brokerage